Trichoderma species are widespread and highly competitive soil-borne fungi, many of which display successful antagonism against a wide range of fungal plant pathogens. Koppert have marketed Trichoderma harzianum T-22 in the UK for over a decade, under the brand name Trianum. Two product formulations are available, one is a granular product which is incorporated into the growing medium, and the second is a powdered formulation which is applied to ornamental plants as a drench, through trickle tape, or via drip lines.
- Provides preventative disease antagonistic activity against root-infecting Pythium, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium
- Trianum-P is mixed with water and applied as a drench to propagation trays at a rate of 1.5 g/m2
- Trianum-G is incorporated in the compost at a rate of 0.75 kg/m3
- Trichoderma harzianum T-22 is the most researched Trichoderma-based disease biocontrol agent
- Optimum growing conditions over a wide temperature and pH range (10-34oC and pH 4-8.5)
- Gives protection to cuttings, seedlings and plug plants in propagation; can be used for all ornamental plant species
T-22 has several modes of action: competition in the root zone; mycoparasitic activity, antibiosis and enzyme production; it solubilises phosphates and micronutrients, which promotes plant growth; it also induces defense signaling, triggering various defense mechanisms. When added to Vidi Parva, there are additional benefits of rapid rooting, increased root biomass and improved root architecture.
For further advice on the use of Koppert biostimulants for resilient cultivation and improved root development contact your Koppert Technical Consultant.