When to use Castellation Trap?
To monitor smaller moths inside or outside the greenhouse.
How does the Castellation Trap work?
The Castellation trap is a pheromone trap to be used in combination with a species specific Pherodis pheromone dispensers. The pheromone dispenser releases a species-specific sex pheromone to lure the adult males of the pest that is being targeted into the trap. Once in the trap, they cannot escape and are easy to detect, count and identify. As the pheromone lure attracts male moths, it reduces the amount of eggs laid by females who fail to mate.
How to use Castellation Trap
Application Castellation Trap
- Traps need to be placed where moths will fly and where access to the trap is not impeded or if there is a westerly prevailing wind.
- Traps need to be placed above the crop canopy, raise the traps as required.
- Foliage should not come within 15 cm of the trap apertures.
- If using more than one pheromone species, keep the traps at least 50 metres apart to avoid the cross contamination of the pheromones and wash your hands after handling different types of pheromone.
- Look for sudden or sustained rises in catches of moths and take preventative or curative action. Weekly recordings of moth catches are advised.
1-2 traps per hectare
Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.