Use the Castellation Trap for monitoring and trapping males of small moths species in protected and outdoor crops in combination with a species-specific pheromone.
Different species of smaller moths.
Protected and outdoor crops.
How it works
Mode of action
The Castellation Trap needs to be used in combination with Pherodis pheromone dispensers. The dispensers release a species-specific sex pheromone which lures the males of the particular pest into the trap. Once in the trap they cannot escape and are easy to detect, count and identify. Trapping males also aids in reducing the number of eggs laid by females as they fail to mate.
One trap with hanging string.
Directions for use
- Place the pheromone in the cage and seal with the cap
- Insert into the hole at the top of the lid and push down, making sure the cage is secure
- Insert the strap into holes at either side of the lid. NOTE: once inserted, the strap cannot be removed
- Place the cone inside the bucket For ease of fixing, hold the strap gently to one side, take the bucket and line up with the lid. Push together ensuring a secure fit. Slip clear strap between grooves at base of the bucket
- Hang with string from loops on the top of the lid
- A small amount of water with detergent can be added to the trap to ensure adults do not escape
- Traps need to be placed at least 1-2 metres above the ground
- If using traps for different species of moths, keep the traps at least 50 metres apart to avoid interference of the pheromones
- Wash your hands after handling each type of pheromone
- Weekly recordings of moth catches are advised
1-2 traps per hectare.
Use in combination with species-specific Pherodis pheromone.
Store out of sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Always comply with the conditions specified in local product registrations. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."