Mycotal can be used for the biological control of whitefly larvae. The product can have a side effect on aphids and thrips larvae (specially in situations with higher humidity and in combination with a compatible adjuvant like Addit).
Whitefly, thrips and aphids.
Vegetables, ornamentals, nursery trees and soft fruit in protected cultivation.
How it works
Mode of action
After spraying Mycotal, the spores germinate and grow to hyphae that penetrate the pest's body cavity. Here they proliferate and destroy the tissues. The fungus then grows through the insect cuticle and produces spores on the outside of the cadaver, which may spread the infection to other vulnerable pests. Mycotal is effective through direct contact, and under the right environmental conditions, kills the target after 7-10 days.
Infested insects shrivel, or in humid conditions, develop a fluffy mycelium outside the insect.
|Pack size||500 gram bag with a cardboard outer casing.|
|Formulation||Water dispersible granules (WG).|
|Concentration||1x10¹⁰ cfu (viable Lecanicillium muscarium Ve6 spores)/gram.|
Directions for use
- Take the required amount of Mycotal
- For optimal effectiveness combine with an adjuvant like Addit or Squad
- Mix with 3-4 litres of water (15-20°C) per 500 gram of Mycotal and stir into a slurry
- Fill the spray tank with the required amount of water
- Empty the slurry into the spray tank and stir thoroughly
- Add the correct amount of adjuvant to the Mycotal spray solution and mix thoroughly
- Spray immediately after preparation
- Mycotal can be applied with regular high volume spray equipment
- Spray until runoff
- Thorough leaf coverage is essential for the best results
- Direct the spray onto the underside of the leaves and to the growing points
- Make sure to keep stirring the spray solution during application
- Repeated applications may be necessary, at the specified interval, to target new juvenile stages as they emerge and break the pest life cycle
- Use 100 gram/100 litre of water
- Always check the product label for more information
- Consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation
Start application when pest population starts to increase.
The efficacy of Mycotal depends on temperature and relative humidity conditions inside the crop canopy and the timing of application. The following conditions are required:
- Mycotal requires sufficient humidity inside the crop canopy for several hours after application for the spores to germinate and infest the pest
- Spray at late afternoon and/or early evening
Leaves no hazardous residue subject to legislation.
Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions. Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product.
Storage time after receipt
See package for expiry date.
Keep away from direct sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."