Funnel Trap Economy is a small trap for monitoring and capturing different kinds of moth pests in greenhouses or polytunnels (in combination with a specific sex pheromone).
When to use Economy Funnel Trap?
To monitor different moths inside or outside the greenhouse.
How does Funnel Trap Economy work?
The pheromone lure attracts male moths, so reduces the amount of eggs laid by females who fail to mate.
How to use Funnel Trap Economy
Application Funnel Trap Economy
Traps need to be placed where moths will fly and where access to the trap is not impeded.
- Traps need to be placed above the crop canopy, raise the traps as required.
- Foliage should not come within 15 cm of the trap apertures.
- Traps should be hung at least 1-2 metres from the ground.
- If using more than one pheromone species keep the traps at least 50 metres apart to avoid the pheromone getting mixed up.
- Wash your hands after handling different pheromones to avoid cross contamination of pheromones.
- Try to avoid hand contact with the actual pheromone as this can lead to the pheromone being present in other non-trapping areas.
- Look for sudden and sustained rises in catches of moths and take preventative or curative action.
- Monitor and record the contents of the traps on a regular basis.
1-2 traps per hectare.
Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.