Use the Pea and Bean Weevil Trap for monitoring Pea and Bean weevil in combination with species-specific pheromone.
Pea and bean weevil (Sitona lineatus).
Broad bean, peas.
How it works
Mode of action
The Pea and Bean Weevil Trap needs to be used in combination with Pherodis pheromone dispensers. The dispensers release a species-specific pheromone which lures the male and female weevils into the trap. Once in the trap they cannot escape and are easy to detect, count and identify.
Directions for use
- Place the funnel onto the green bucket
- Place the pheromone dispenser in the transparent top
- Fix the transparent top with a twist action lining up the slots
- Place traps 10 meter apart on a grass margin or headland of a field that was planted with peas or beans in the previous year
- Place the trap on the ground
- Ensure to secure with small sticks to prevent for falling over
- Check the traps three times per week
- When more than 30 weevils per trap are counted on any occasion crops that have just emerged or will emerge within 10 days are likely to be at risk
- Appropriate measures can then be taken to protect the crop
Five traps per field location.
Pea and bean weevil is an early pest that affects spring-sown crops of peas and beans. Traps should be placed from February onwards (depending on geographic location).
Use in combination with Pherodis Sitona lineatus.
Store out of sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."