When to use Fortofol?
Use Fortofol during the early stages of plant growth and before/during situations of abiotic stress.
How does Fortofol work?
The fulvic acids in Fortofol increase the permeability of the cell membranes. This results in a better transportation of nutrients to the parts of the plant where they are needed. This means the plant can absorb and utilise the available nutrients more efficiently. This brings the photosynthetic cycle to a higher level and results in better growth.
How to use Fortafol
Preparation of the spray solution:
- Shake bottle or container well before use.
- Add the correct amount of Fortofol to the spray solution.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spray immediately.
Important user instructions with regards to the application of Fortofol Drench via irrigation systems:
- Make sure Fortofol Drench does not remain in the irrigation system during the night but in the substrate instead.
- Use disinfectant regularly to keep the irrigation system clean, but do not use Fortofol Drench at the same time as the disinfectant.
The information given below is for guidance. Tailored advice requires detailed information on local factors, such as the crop itself, climate conditions and the level of stress. To ensure a correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognised distributor of Koppert products.
Dosage Fortofol Drench:
Inorganic (inert) substrates (rockwool/perlite): young plants: 0.5-1 litre/ha; growing crop: 1-2 litre/ha
Organic substrates: young plants: 0.5-1 l/ha; growing crop: 1-3 litre/ha
Repeat treatment after 7-14 days.
Dosage Fortofol Spray:
0.1% (100 ml per 100 litres of water)
Best working conditions Fortofol
- The pH of the solution should be between pH 5-7.
- Young plants can be sensitive. Test the sensitivity of the plants on a small scale, prior to full treatment.
- Do not mix Fortofol with products containing calcium and avoid mixing the product with pesticides. An increased uptake of these compounds can cause damage to plants.
Koppert Biological Systems is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
Unopened product can be stored in a cool, dark place (5-20 ºC).